The John Holt Cancer Support Foundation provides information and a support service for anyone who has been affected by cancer in any way.
“To improve the quality of life and to give a sense of purpose to people affected by cancer, to ensure that people have choices, information, confidence, support and a sense of normality.”
24 Hour Information and Care line
01925 242 880: The care line is available to any patient, carer, family or friend who has been affected by cancer and needs support.
The John Holt Foundation's Success Since Secret Millionaire
- Awarded Charity of the Year for Warrington Collegiate
- Gardening project: The students and staff have worked very hard to create a beautiful, relaxing & calm outdoor environment. This outdoor space now allows the members and volunteers to do relaxation, art & crafts, gardening plus more
- Launched a card-making workshop where all proceeds from sales go towards the charity's activities
How the Secret Millionaire Money was used
- To put a down payment on rent for new premises in an ideal location as they were being forced out of their previous building due to change of ownership.
- To buy equipment and materials for their new premises.
Ongoing Contact and Support from Pimlico
- Charlie has kept in touch and a team of tradesmen from Pimlico are going to ensure that their new building is fully operational by fitting a new kitchen, plumbing in the washing machine, installing the new cooker, fitting a new shower area and painting and decorating.
- A fleet of Pimlico vans have been back and forth to Warrington delivering materials for their new building.
- The John Holt Cancer Support Foundation was a very special guest at Pimlico’s Christmas party.
Support from Others
Since the Millionaire show went out their profile has been raised and there are many individuals and businesses that have offered support:
- Many more volunteers have come forward to help out in administration and therapy.
- Many members of the local community have started fundraising for the foundation.
- A local business has offered to install a new stair lift into their new building.
- A cooker for their new kitchen has been donated.
- John Holt received a grant of £22,500 from the Morgan Foundation, a local organisation that gives money to groups that address specific community needs. This money has enabled them to renovate and buy equipment for their new premises.
- Local businesses offering donations to the cancer centre.
The John Holt Cancer Support Foundation is still renovating their new building but it will be fully operational and open soon.
In the mean time for more information, for support, to donate to the Foundation, to volunteer, or even raise money in your own way you can contact John Holt cancer support using the details below.
Chris Holt – Founder and Coordinator
Post: The John Holt Cancer Support Foundation, 15 Palmyra Square South, Warrington, WA1 1BL
Tel: 01925 240 054
Registered Charity no 1111668