It is important to have all of your gas appliances checked annually for safe operation. Proper maintenance of gas appliances reduces the risk of Carbon Monoxide poisoning, which can be caused by faulty or poorly maintained appliances and can be fatal. Regular servicing and gas safety checks will also improve the efficiency and performance of your appliances.
Gas Safety Inspections & Reports
What's included in the inspection?
Pimlico Plumbers has more than 70 fully qualified and experienced Gas Safe Register engineers that can carry out Gas Safety inspections and issue Gas Safety Reports for all types of gas appliances at your property by completing the following:
- Check each appliance is correctly and safely positioned
- Check any flue or chimney serving the appliance is safe and installed correctly
- Completing a flue combustion test to ensure the appliance is burning correctly and not producing Carbon Monoxide
- Check for correct ventilation
- Check that appliances and controls are operating correctly and are safe to use
- Check that all the safety devices are working
- Test the rate of gas consumption, or the working gas pressure, to ensure the appliance is operating correctly (adjusting if necessary)
- Visually inspect the appliance to check for corrosion and leaks
- Check the electrical connection
Receiving your Gas Safe report
All of our heating engineers are Gas Safe registered, adhering to the rules and regulations of the Gas Safe Register. The engineers we use work to ensure that your gas appliances are installed correctly and meet the relevant regulations.
After one of our heating engineers has carried out a gas safety inspection, they will issue you with a Gas Safety Report. This report provides the description and location of each appliance checked, explains what checks have been carried out, any remedial work required or completed, that it meets the correct safety standards, and when it needs to be serviced again. The engineer can also issue a Landlord Gas Safety Certificate on completion of gas appliance services and safety checks.
Pimlico Plumber’s team of heating engineers are managed by our Technical Service Managers, to ensure that they carry out work safely and effectively.
Gas Safe registered engineers
It is vital that any gas work you need completing is carried out by a Gas Safe Registered engineer. You should never, under any circumstances, attempt any kind of DIY gas work. Jobs carried out illegally each year by workers that are not on the Gas Safe Register are putting people’s lives at risk, potentially leading to a gas leak, fire, explosion or exposure to carbon monoxide, all of which can be fatal.
Pimlico Plumbers adheres to the rules and regulations of Gas Safe Register, and our Gas Safe Registration Number is 27656.
To arrange a gas appliance service or safety check please contact us, our helpful and experienced staff will happily schedule it at a time to suit you. Pimlico Plumbers can remind you when your annual boiler service is due or alternatively you can contact us to book an appointment at a time that suits you.