The Long Lane Garden Centre offers work experience and training for adults with learning difficulties.
"To provide supported employment for adults with learning disabilities to teach them gardening, woodwork, floristry, conservation work, and customer services skills.”
Long Lane's Success Since Secret Millionaire:
- They have opened a new craft shop in Warrington town centre selling top quality handmade garden furniture. With the help of retired cabinet makers that volunteer at the centre the lads produce fantastic wooden craft products in their woodwork shop to sell to the public to raise much needed funds.
How the Secret Millionaire Money was used:
- To provide a new workshop for the volunteers to build various items.
- To provide a new toilet block for the centre.
- To provide woodwork courses for members of the public.
Ongoing Contact and Support from Pimlico:
- Charlie has kept in touch with them and Pimlico's engineers have carried out work to provide them with new buildings, including a new workshop, kitchen and toilet facilities.
- Pimlico regularly sends up supplies for their new workshop and for other areas of the garden centre.
- Charlie went up to Long Lane to deliver Christmas presents for all at the centre. The presents included a BBQ and lots of boxes of luxury chocolates.
- Long Lane was a very special guest at Pimlico’s Christmas party.
- Charlie also attended Long Lane’s Christmas party where he caught up with all the lads at the centre.
Support from Others
Since the Millionaire show went out their profile has been raised and there are many individuals and businesses that have offered support:
- Mailbox Stamford Products Ltd has donated 20 shopping baskets to Long Lane Garden Centre.
- A young entrepreneur has given a donation to Long Lane. After seeing the millionaire show he contacted us for some advice on how to develop his carpet fitting business and chose to send a cheque to the garden centre as a thank you for the business guides that we sent him.
- They have had builder's offering their services to them.
- A company has offered them signs for their garden centre.
- A local business has given Long Lane a number of second hand computers to give out to members of the centre.
- A CCTV company is installing a new system at the centre.
For more information, to donate to the garden centre, to volunteer, or even raise money in your own way you can contact Long Lane using the details below.
Post: Long Lane Garden Centre, Warrington Business Park, Long Lane, Warrington, WA2 8TX
Tel: 01925 632 847
Registered Charity No 1094989