Pimlico offers ten day work placements to youngsters who have a keen interest in taking up an apprenticeship and a career in a skilled trade. Our work placements are an excellent opportunity for young people to learn the basic duties as a plumber, electrician or carpenter.
Pimlico offers the chance to work with some of the industry’s top engineers and give youngsters an understanding of what it is like to be a tradesman in a real life working environment. It also presents the perfect opportunity for young people to gain advice and knowledge about the industry directly from qualified and experienced engineers.
The role will involve supporting fully qualified tradespersons with repairs and installations in top residential premises dealing with reputable and well respected customers.
Our work placement programmes provide a practical approach to learning and are hands-on, varied, action-packed and challenging and give a real insight into skilled trades.
All general “tradespersons mate” activities will be carried out throughout the programme and will also include a scheduled visit of the Company Depot.
Office Based Work Placements
We also offer office based work placements at Pimlico's headquarters in London. This presents the perfect opportunity for young people to learn the essential skills needed to work in an office based environment where they will gain an insight into how the company operates.
- Neat appearance
- Willingness to learn
- Polite and personable with excellent communication skills
- Confidence when speaking and meeting new people
Details of Work Placement
- Length of placement: 10 days
- An interview will be required before starting the placement
- Travel expenses will not be paid
- Lunch expenses will not be paid
- Full uniform will be provided
- A full induction will be carried out
- A full mentoring scheme will be provided
- A full progress report and extensive feedback will be provided
For more information and to apply please contact Dominic Ceraldi using the details below:
Post: Dominic Ceraldi
1 Sail Street
Phone: 020 7928 8888