Pimlico strives to not only provide a high-quality service but also to provide the type of aftercare to all our customers which our competitors find difficult to match. The dedication to fulfil our customer’s needs and wants has always been imperative to the way we operate and we adapt our services in order to achieve this. We work with the intent that once a customer uses Pimlico we hope they become a ‘Pimlico customer for life’.
Our Customer Service Department has undergone a major transition which we have developed to provide the best after-sales service and support for our customers. The team has grown significantly and are all dedicated to not only hearing the positive things our customers have to say about our services, but also the negative ones. All feedback is welcomed by our team as we are a company that listens to its customers and we improve our services by doing so.
2. Making A Complaint
We strive to provide a consistent second to none service and quality workmanship, however, if you feel that we have not upheld these standards please let us know. We treat complaints with priority and aim to resolve any problem promptly. We endeavour to always be compassionate and understanding of any concerns and queries that you may have and do everything we can to come to a satisfactory conclusion as quickly as possible.
Any concerns you may have relating to work carried out will be investigated fully by the customer services team who will then help to resolve your issue. All complaints have our full attention and we handle them in an efficient, fair and confidential manner. We will take the actions required to solve problems fully and to your complete satisfaction.
How to Make a Complaint
Should you have the need to make a complaint, this can be done over the phone on 020 7928 8888. Alternatively, you can email the customer services team direct on [email protected]. We aim to respond to all complaints within 48 hours.
3. Complaint Procedure
Any complaints should be raised with our control centre who will attempt to resolve any issues. However, if the problem is more involved the call handler will log a complaint and one of our customer service executives will be in contact within 48 hours.
A customer service executive will complete a full investigation; this includes reviewing all invoices, liaising with the customer to obtain relevant information and interviewing the engineer/employees. They will then provide the customer with a full written or phone call response to the complaint with the outcome of the investigation. If the customer is not fully happy with the conclusion, the customer can then escalate to stage 2. On escalation to stage 2, please note that any offer made in stage 1 will be withdrawn and may not be reinstated pending further investigation.
Should the customer wish to escalate to stage 2, this will then to be in writing either via email or post to [email protected] or:
Customer Services Assistant Manager
The Assistant Customer Service Manager will complete a full review of the complaint response by the customer services executive. If the customer is not fully happy with the conclusion made by the assistant customer services manager the customer may escalate to the final stage. On escalation to the final stage, please note that any offer made in stage 2 will be withdrawn and may not be reinstated pending further investigation.
If the customer is still not satisfied with the response from the assistant manager then the final outcome is escalated to Pimlico’s Customer Services manager which is the highest point of escalation to investigate the complaint’s entirety and responds with a final company conclusion.
4. Our Guarantees
We believe in always being 100% transparent. We are clear, upfront and honest about our company charges. Our rates are clearly shown on our website and our helpful and experienced staff (24 hours), will make customers fully aware of our rates at the time they book a job or if they request details.
Our engineers will always show a full breakdown of labour, materials and any other charges, and a comprehensive description of work carried out is shown on all invoices and estimates.
We do not charge for the following:
- Call out charge
- Congestion charge
There are no other hidden charges.
We always charge correctly and fairly according to our quoted rates and our policy on overcharging is unequivocal. However, in the unlikely event that any of our engineers ever do deliberately disregard this policy, they will be dismissed and a refund will be made.
We will always take responsibility in the unlikely event that work is not carried out to our standards. If you are unhappy please contact our control centre and we will try to resolve your issue by sending an engineer back, or a technical service manager, at a time that is convenient for you. Pimlico will never carry out any unnecessary work or talk customers into any work that is not needed under any circumstances.
All of our workmanship carries the company’s written 12-month guarantee for your peace of mind.
Covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee.
5. Terms and Conditions
1. For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
- A. The Company” shall mean Pimlico plumbers Limited.
- B. The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
The Operative or Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the Company.
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
3. HOURLY RATE WORK. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company (not exceeding the trade purchase price of materials + handling charge) & the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work, all other time, personal mobile calls etc. are non-chargeable. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate except in cases where the work carried out is zero-rated.
4. FIXED PRICE WORK shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials, and shall be within 10% over and above the equivalent total hourly rate cost. All costs are plus VAT at the prevailing rate.
5. Where a written estimate has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the estimate should not exceed the actual time taken by more than 20% but may be revised in the following circumstances:
- i. if after submission of the estimate the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional works not referred to in the estimate.
- ii. If after submission of the estimate there is an increase in the price of materials.
- iii. If after submission of the estimate it is discovered that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the estimate was prepared.
- iv. If after submission of the estimate it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the estimate was prepared.v. Should a detailed Insurance Report be required in addition to the estimate and invoice then this will incur a nominal charge of £25.00.
6. The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide an estimate to the Customer & shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by estimates given in writing to the Customer & signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company. The Company shall not be bound by any estimates given orally or in which manifest errors occur.
7. Material Collection.
Collection of non-stock items is chargeable but:
- A. Time must be kept to a minimum & reasonable.
- B. If the collection time is likely to exceed 45 minutes the customer must be additionally informed of the circumstances.
- C. Only one engineer is allowed to leave the job to collect parts.
8. Invoices are due for payment immediately upon delivery to the Customer. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid shall carry interest at the rate of 4% over the base rate until payment in full is received by the Company.
9. Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at the time agreed. However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the non-attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the late or non-delivery of materials.
10. The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company’s account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or partnership) & receiving a written estimate) the name of the third party appears on the written estimate.
11. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out &/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
12. If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if he fails to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
13. The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
- A. Subject to misuse or negligence.
- B. Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability, materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any consequential damage or fault.
14. The company will not guarantee any work in respect of blockages in waste & drainage systems etc. The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the customer & against the written or verbal advice of the operative/engineer. Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company & payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be guaranteed. The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. Work will not carry a guarantee where the customer has been notified by the operative either verbally or indicated in ticked boxes or in Comments/ Recommendations of any other related work which requires attention. The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Corgi Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
15. Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
16. Engineers operate under their own Gas Safe Registration & as such are solely responsible for any Gas related work & subsequent liability.
17. The Company shall be entitled to fully recover costs or damages from any operative/engineer/contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship results in the Company being made liable for those damages or rectification of the work.
18. These terms & conditions may not be released, discharges, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contract with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
19. Title to any goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by the Company until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to the Company. Until such time as title in such goods has passed to the Customer:
- (i) the Company shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or otherwise deal with or dispose of all any or part of such goods in which title remains vested in the Company,
- (ii) for the purpose specified in (i) above, the Company or any of its agents or authorised representatives shall be entitled at any time & without notice to enter any premises in which goods or any part thereof is installed, stored or kept, or is reasonably believed so to be.
- (iii) The Company shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the Customer from selling, transferred or otherwise disposing of such goods. Notwithstanding the foregoing, risk in such goods shall pass on delivery of the same to the Customer, & until such time as title in such goods has passed to the Customer, the Customer shall ensure such goods to their replacement value & the Customer shall forthwith, upon request, provide the Company with a certificate or other evidence of such Insurance.
20. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & the Company shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
21. The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time.
These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.