If you have 2 or more properties requiring Gas Safety Reports, you qualify for our annual incentive package which includes FREE* Gas Boiler Servicing and most importantly - ‘Fastrack’.
Pimlico understands that the most important service you require is a speedy response to any property issue which affects your tenant.
FREE* Gas Boiler Servicing - book your Gas Safety Inspections on 2 or more properties to benefit from a free Gas Boiler Service in each property.
Landlord 'Fastrack' - You’ll be automatically enrolled in our 'Fastrack’ plan, where our aim is to get to you in 1 hour (or less!) with a priority flag on our system. ‘Fastrack’ gives you the assurances that you will have the fastest response available to remedy any problem, whether it be Heating, Plumbing, Electrical or any other service or maintenance requirement.
Whether your heating system is domestic or classified as commercial (multiple flats and systems greater than 75kw, excluding communal systems), our response and service remains the same.
Domestic Gas Safety Inspection/Report from £100 (fixed price) +VAT per property.
Commercial Gas Safety Inspection/Report from £150/hour +VAT per property.
For our latest hourly rates across all trades, visit our charges page here.
*2 or more propertys Gas Safety Inspections must be booked with Pimlico to qualify for this offer which excludes communal systems. Please note this is a time limited offer and may be withdrawn at any time.
Landlord Gas Safety Inspections & Reports
Pimlico has more than 70 fully qualified and experienced Gas Safe Registered engineers that can carry out Landlord Gas Safety inspections and issue Landlord Gas Safety Reports for all types of gas appliances at your properties by completing the following:
- Check the appliance is correctly and safely positioned
- Check any flue or chimney serving the appliance is safe and installed correctly
- Completing a flue combustion test to ensure the appliance is burning correctly and not producing Carbon Monoxide
- Check for correct ventilation
- Check that appliances and controls are operating correctly and are safe to use
- Check that all the safety devices are working
- Test the rate of gas consumption, or the working gas pressure, to ensure the appliance is operating correctly (adjusting if necessary)
- Visually inspect the appliance to check for corrosion and leaks
- Check the electrical connection
After one of our Gas Safe Registered engineers has carried out a gas safety inspection they will issue the landlord with a Gas Safety Report. This report provides the description and location of each appliance checked, explains what checks have been carried out, any remedial work required or completed, that it meets the correct safety standards, and when it needs to be serviced again.
Pimlico adhere to the rules and regulations of Gas Safe Register, and our Gas Safe Registration Number is 27656.
If you are a landlord, you are legally responsible for the safety of your tenants in relation to gas safety. By law you must:
- Repair and maintain gas pipework, flues and appliances
- Ensure annual gas safety checks are completed on each appliance and flue - by a Gas Safe Registered engineer
- Keep a record of each safety check - and provide tenants with a valid Gas Safety Certificate/Record within 28 days of the inspection being carried out or at the start of a tenancy.
You should also keep your tenants informed about their responsibilities while they are staying in your property.
Pimlico are the only 24 hour service company with all the core skills for maintaining and servicing your property all day (and night) and every day - 365 days a year.