What is JTL?
JTL is a leading training provider to the building services engineering sector working with over 3,500 businesses, including Pimlico Plumbers.
Pimlico’s involvement with JTL
Pimlico is recognised as an approved employer by JTL and we offer the following apprenticeship training to their apprentices:
- Heating and Ventilation
- Mechanical Engineering
Apprentices will carry out Advanced Apprenticeship Diplomas, taking up to four years to complete, which is a first rate work-based, Government funded, training programmes for young people between the ages of 16 and 24.
Apprentices are in full time employment at Pimlico right from the beginning. They learn about their trade by gaining hands on experience working with engineers and they attend college or a training centre one day a week to learn the theoretical side of the trade, as well as being assessed on site by a qualified JTL assessor towards their NVQ qualification.
Benefits of carrying out a JTL apprenticeship at Pimlico
- Apprentices are trained by highly experienced engineers that are experts in their field and gain a City and Guilds Diploma/NVQ qualification levels 2 and 3 when they have completed their apprenticeship.
- We pay good rates to our apprentices and cover all associated employment costs and provide personal protective equipment.
- All college fees are paid for byJTL the Training Provider. The job training is paid for by Pimlico and assessed by JTL.
- Once the Apprentice has finished their training they will become a qualified tradesperson with a rewarding career ahead of them.
- Free start-up toolkit is supplied by JTL to all first year Plumbers.
What we expect from our JTL Apprentices
At Pimlico we expect Apprentices to show enthusiasm and keenness. They will also have to have the following skills:
- An aptitude for Maths, Science and ICT
- Analytical skills
- Practical skills
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
Apprentices must also be between the ages of 16-24.
One of the top three work-based learning providers in England and Wales www.jtltraining.com